The demand from customers for nurses is achieving new heights as a end result of the pandemic. For these on the lookout to pursue a bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) diploma, the College of Pennsylvania is the prime location to do so, in accordance to U.S. News & World Report.
Duke College and the University of Washington tied for next in the “2022 Undergraduate Nursing Systems” checklist. This yr marks the very first time BSN courses have been provided in the U.S. News rankings.
“Nursing is a really well-liked and vital overall health discipline and it is one of the greatest undergraduate majors,” Robert Morse, main facts strategist at U.S. News instructed MedPage Currently in an e-mail. “Nurses participate in many key roles in the health and fitness treatment program and have been indispensable throughout the coronavirus pandemic.”
U.S. Information reported in its overview of the rankings that the new BSN checklist comes amid “enrollment in nursing programs ticking up in 2020.” The listing joins other self-control-particular rankings at the undergraduate degree, these types of as computer system science, engineering, and organization, U.S. Information documented. This calendar year, there are 694 programs in the BSN rankings.
The BSN rankings are based exclusively on the judgments of deans and senior school members of nursing faculties and departments at institutions about the country, according to U.S. Information. To have received the survey and be ranked, an institution’s nursing college or office that provides the BSN degree must have fulfilled the pursuing criteria: (1) Be accredited at the bachelor’s degree by possibly the Fee on Collegiate Nursing Instruction or the Accreditation Commission for Schooling in Nursing and (2) Be a regionally accredited institution that awarded at least 35 BSN degrees, according to 2018-2019 details.
As described by U.S. Information, deans and senior school members have been requested to level the educational good quality of peer institutions’ BSN courses on a 5-stage scale: exceptional (5), powerful (4), great (3), ample (2), and marginal (1). Individuals who were unfamiliar with a school’s programs were requested to find “do not know.”
“The world is altering fast and issues to health and effectively-currently being, new discoveries, technologies, and prospects demand nurses who are equipped to address these numerous troubles,” mentioned Penn Nursing Dean Antonia Villarruel, PhD, MSN, BSN, in a statement supplied to MedPage Now.
“I am happy that College of Pennsylvania Faculty of Nursing has been rated as the #1 undergraduate nursing software in the region,” Villarruel said, including that “our students are prepared to be the long term of health and fitness treatment — revolutionary nurses, daring leaders, and science-driven researchers and practitioners.”
Earlier this year, U.S. News released its “2022 Best Nursing Faculties: Master’s” and “2022 Most effective Nursing Educational facilities: Physician of Nursing Apply” lists. The College of Pennsylvania, Duke University, and the University of Washington also took some of the best spots on the graduate diploma rankings, MedPage These days previously documented.
Below are the colleges at the leading of the U.S. Information BSN listing.
2022 Very best Undergraduate Nursing Courses
1. College of Pennsylvania
2. Duke University
- Overall rating: 4.5/5.
- Tuition: $23,241 (per semester)
- Needs: For Duke’s accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN), a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in any significant, as properly as a minimum amount 3. undergraduate GPA is needed, according to the university. Conditions also include a particular range of credits in human anatomy and physiology, microbiology, primary data, and human growth and enhancement or developmental psychology.
2. University of Washington
- Specifications: Prerequisites consist of a minimum college-degree cumulative GPA of 2., as nicely as three normal environment prerequisite classes (normal chemistry, natural chemistry, microbiology, anatomy, physiology, diet) with a bare minimum cumulative GPA of 3., or four natural planet prerequisite courses with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8, according to the university.
4. Emory University
- Enrollment: 638 (full pre-licensure learners)
4. College of North Carolina — Chapel Hill
- Acceptance: The College of Nursing receives around 300-400 programs for the common BSN program each year, and admits 104 college students each and every fall, according to UNC-Chapel Hill. It receives 200-300 apps for the ABSN plan every single year, and admits 104 learners every summer season.
4. University of Michigan — Ann Arbor
- Requirements: Regular BSN program necessities include three models of math and 4 units of science, as very well as social science and international language models, according to the university.