Printed: 2/22/2021 12:01:55 AM
What did we master from Donald Trump’s next impeachment demo?
1) Republicans will never ever hold Donald Trump accountable, despite their constitutional obligation to do so. There is no conceivable act that they would see as an impeachable offense – not undermining the Constitution, democracy and the rule of legislation not incitement to overthrow a legitimate election not bribery, corruption, or pathological lying to the American individuals.
2) This is Trump’s Republican Bash. They can no more time simply call on their own the legislation-and-order celebration. They can contact by themselves the Massive Lie Occasion, the Hoax and Fraud Party, and the Anti-democracy Get together.
3) Their cult chief is without having a moral compass and has a harmful have to have for electric power. He took no obligation for the activities of Jan. 6 and made no try to prevent the insurrection as soon as it started. He feels no remorse for putting legislators, police, election officers, and his have vice president into harm’s way.
4) Trump’s The us is just one of conflict and chaos, armed vigilantes, empowered white supremacists, QAnon, conspiracies, and division.
5) Republicans are untrustworthy as legislative associates, even far more so than these who exploited Obama’s endeavor at bipartisanship in 2009. Trump Republicans see compromise as capitulation, prioritizing bash about the country.
Donald Trump nonetheless has not acknowledged that Joe Biden is the lawfully elected POTUS – identical with his followers. As de facto leader of the Republican Occasion, he remains an existential menace to our democracy. The Republican Party has sold its soul to a despot.